Data collection conditions
Berluti may have to collect your Data in particular in:
- the commercial relationship: when you complete a purchase or get fitted by filling out a customer information card.
- the customer relationship: when you trade with our teams or when signing up for our newsletter on the Website.
To better know you and to offer you a bespoke service, such collection may include, unless otherwise instructed by you, Data such as your contact details, preferences, leisure and wishes in relation to the activities of our Maison (commercial activities and customer relationships).
Data collection purposes
The Data then collected is necessary to manage the relationship between Berluti and its customers and prospective ones, including management of the following automated or manual operations:
- Commercial relationship management: purchase orders, deliveries, invoices, accounting, claims, satisfaction surveys, after-sales service, commercial statistics; arrears management and litigation; collection of people’s opinions on products, services or contents;
- Customer relationship management: customer relationship monitoring, actions for customer loyalty, commercial canvassing and transmission of information relating to our company and its activities; management of your subscription to our newsletter (subscriptions and subscription cancellations);
- Statistics, surveys and analyses, marketing, upgrade of Berluti’s Website, products and services;
- Management of rights of access, rectification and opposition.
Data recipients and Data transfers outside the European Union
The administrative and commercial staff of the mother company, Berluti, located in France, is the recipient of the Data for all purposes stated above as well as for more operational purposes in respect of centralisation of the computer database and commercial canvassing operations.
Further, to better serve our international customers, the sales staff of our Berluti stores (held by Berluti or Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy (LVMH)), located in Europe, United States, Middle-East and Asia may also transfer your Data collected locally to the database centralised and managed by Berluti in France, which ensures an adequate level of protection if you reside in one of the countries of the aforementioned regions or have to complete a purchase in one of our Berluti stores located in those countries.
In any case, Berluti shall transfer your Data to third parties outside the LVMH group only in the following cases:
- You have given us your prior consent to the sharing of your Data;
- Berluti must share the Data with third parties to provide you with the service that you expect
- Berluti is requested by a judicial or administrative authority to provide the Data;
Lastly, Berluti may have to use one or more providers for data hosting and/or computer support/maintenance. Berluti shall ensure, if that provider is located outside the European Union, that it ensures an adequate level of protection of your Data, including through the entry into of model contract clauses of the European Commission or, as the case may be, the safe harbor certification.
The Data will be retained during the time necessary to the purposes for which it was collected. The main retention periods are the following:
- For the management of your subscription to the newsletter, we retain your Data as long as your subscription is active ;
- For purchase orders, we retain your Data during the time necessary to process your purchase order and then 10 years in order to comply with accounting and legal obligations;
- For commercial canvassing operations with your consent, we retain your Data for a maximum period of 3 years from the end of the commercial relationship with you (that is, for example after a purchase, the expiration of a supply of services agreement, the latest correspondence with you remaining unanswered).
Data security and confidentiality
Berluti has endeavoured to implement technical and organisational security measures to preserve the confidentiality and security of the processing of your Data and to prevent it from being altered, damaged, destroyed or accessed by non-authorised third parties.
However, Berluti has no control over all risks associated with the functioning of the Internet and draws the attention of the Website users to the existence of potential risks inherent in its use and functioning.
These Cookies do not allow us to identify you in an individual manner and their duration is strictly limited to your browsing session duration.
You can refuse the recording of Cookies by modifying the settings of your Internet browser. This operation may however result, in certain cases, in the deletion of all Cookies used by your browser, including those used by other websites, which may lead to alteration or loss of certain settings or information. Deleting Cookies may also modify, and even makes it more difficult to browse the Website.
You can oppose the recording of Cookies by changing your browser settings as follows:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and higher:
1. From the “Tools” menu, select “Internet Options”.
2. Click on the “Confidentiality” tab.
3. Use the cursor to select the level you require.
1. From the “Tools” menu, select “Options”.
2. Click on the “Privacy” tab.
For Safari 3.x for Mac OS X:
1. Open Safari.
2. Click on “Preferences”.
3. Click on “Confidentiality”.
4. Select “Block cookies”.
Rights of access, rectification, deletion and opposition to the processing
Should you wish to access, rectify or delete your personal information, or oppose the processing of your Data, you can exercise such rights at any time by mail to:
Service Clientèle de Berluti, 120 rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré 75008 Paris, France
or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org